A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Redirecting to URL from embedded video

Redirecting to URL from embedded video

I have searched high and low for good solid information on how to do this. I would prefer to do it without cue points but whatever works I am down for as the current method to redirect is in html and wholly unsatisfactory.

I have an introduction web page with a flash video (.swf) with the video embedded. The swf also has some preloader action elements to it, which is why the video is embedded, as this was the only way I could figure out how to make the preloader work, but, work it does.

Once this introductory video completes I would like it to send people to the Home page. Currently this redirect is handled through html and is a set time which doesn't work very well because the video takes time to load and they end up being redirected prior to it completing.

I am trying to make it so the redirect to URL is tied to the video completing.

Again, the video is embedded and does not use FLVPlayer component, this seems to be important.

Thank you very much for any help

Ken

Well if the video is embedded into the time line, have you tried putting a stop and getURL action in the last frame of the main timeline?
    Code:
    stop();
    getURL("http://www.cidigitalmedia.com/video.html", "_blank");
    Best wishes,
    Video Man

Can you give me the link to this site so I can see exactly what you mean? Thanks.