A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Shmusicup - A hybrid of a shmup and music/rhythm game

Shmusicup - A hybrid of a shmup and music/rhythm game

Hi everyone,

Just like to share with you guys a trailer for my new shmup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erFJ3KQlaf0

Shmusicup (Shoot-music-up) is a vertical bullet hell shmup where the enemy bullet patterns are generated by any mp3 chosen from your music library. Just select your mp3 and start the bullet dodging madness in sync with your music!

There will be leaderboards so players can fight for the glory of the top scorer for their favorite tune!

Here is a screenshot of the game:

Shmusicup's official site is here: http://www.tzai-entertainment.com/games/shmusicup/

The game is still in development, feedback and suggestions are most welcome! Thanks!

Cheers,
    Tansihao

Opps below is the missing screen shot :

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    So it's audiosurf + bullets?
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

What would be very cool is the bullet damage is determined by how loud the music currently is, and different types of weapons use different frequency ranges to determine their damage. For example, missiles have their damage determined by the bass frequencies, and the machine gun's damage by treble frequencies!
    That would replace visual progression (Like in 99.9% games, you travel along different landscapes, and it's the landscapes that make you change how you play), and instead, people would need to adapt to the music their hearing, and pick the best weapons!

If you don't do the above, I sure will! :P

btw, JOIN the FK Competition! (Check the Games forum). It's nice'n'easy, a competition all for fun! And it only takes one of your weekends! You don't need to be a guru, and anyways, because of the short time span, the only thing that really matters is your idea!
    Check it out!

P.
    WIP-ZOMBIES

I love vegetarians! More meat for the rest of us!

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    Pazil if you're going to invite everyone from every thread to the FK Competition, just put it in your signature...
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6