A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to make a game like this !

Lightbulb How to make a game like this !

The Game I want to make

How is it , and how I can make a game like this ?
    Professional WebDesigner_HTML, CSS, JS, PHP

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    1) Learn Actionscript.
    2) Learn graphic design.
    3) Develop the game.
    4) Submit it to game portals.

Hope that helps a bit.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

Reply-03

I know what I should learn , thanks , but who can give me a sample fla like this or a sample AS code ... . I can make the road and car graphics , but I don't know how is the car move and how I can make the obstacles . Please help me about this purpose .

Well, it isn't too hard to make a game like this. You just have to think about it.

Adding all the files to the stage would take
    this.attachMovie("instance name from linkage", "new instance name to call this movie with", the depth would be like 100 while anything above it (like the heli) would be higher, {_x:x position, _y:y position});

here is an example i use in one of my files

this.attachMovie("main_player1", "player", 100, {_x:_level0.currentcityinfo.defx, _y:_level0.currentcityinfo.defy});

The car would also need a key press for left and right, and it would move the car at first by like 0.1 and then reach to like 3 or 4, depending. something like x1 = 0.1

and you would need to restart the acceleration once you change direction, or even have a negative acceleration then a positive, like when your max moving left then you go from speed -5 to 0 (faster when you reach 0) then 0 to +5 (faster when you reach 5) or something like that, not to sure.

Attaching the obstacles would be smiler, but you would also use "width and height"

like so

mc.attachMovie("stats_gfx7", "stats_gfx7", 1, {_x:10, _y:20, _width:0, _height:0});

Notice with width and height is 0? that's so its invisible right before creation.
    then you can create a loop or a interval of a function to create them and also to make them scale bigger so it looks like they are coming to you. same with the air planes..

Then you have a hit test to determine collision.

and you could have a time limit called var distancetofinish:Number = what ever;

just mess around, I have never messed around with acceleration so I wouldn't know.. and I haven't slept in a while.

Best of luck dude.

PS: Please don't ask us for source with out at least an attempt. (yea and your signature is lame)

Ty

Thanks a lot for your reply . I will use your help in my work and I will try it in future .
    Yes , your comment is true . I will try before send a topic . Also I want to know is your purpose about this topic ?

daniel.grgic@unist.hr

game

don't make the same game. Add some rpg element in it. That will be a better success. Add buying upgrades between stages. Like this game sucks.

@emailfreak Lol, well let him make this first. He is new anyways and he can learn quite a few things from it. Then he can add his own ideas!

Yes , I don't want to make this game for share . Only for learn Flash for my future works .
    Thanks to all .