A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how to remove image icon from a flex datagrid

Thumbs up how to remove image icon from a flex datagrid

Hello friends,

I need a small help in flex datagrid (adobe flash builder 4.0).

I am loading the data externally from xml and displaying in a datagrid. I have 2 buttons addRow and deleteRow. My datagrid headertext names are "name" "age" "rollno" "image", where image also will be loading externally thru an xml file.
    now when i am pressing the deleteRow button, whole row is getting deleted but an image icon is still appearing under "image" headertext. It was not an actual image but a blank image icon kind of thing is appearing, how to remove the icon. i want my whole row to be deleted. but its not happening.

I need your help asap. waiting for your replies

Rajesh

Thumbs up Error Print Screen Attached

Friends,

To make you clear understand i am sending my error as a print screen along with this mail. kindly go thru it and give me a solution asap. I want to remove the image "icon" from the datagrid. how is it possible ???

waiting for your replies.

Rajesh
    Attached Files Attached Files

How do you add the row in the first place?
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Thumbs up

Thru some input box values.
    I have 2 buttons called addData and deleteData. As soon as i click addData, i will get some input boxes and when it comes to image it will load based on a condition. And when i press any row of data from a datagrid and then if i click deleteData that's what it was displaying (i mean the print screen which i have sent). Now how come the image icon is still retaining i dint understand.any solutions pls.

Rajesh

I can only imagine that the icon may not belong to the cell of the row. How do you add the icon in the first place?

Thumbs up

Now where did i add the icon in the 1st place. I have added images under "image" header text.

Assume that, as soon as i click addData button i will get input boxes like name, age, roll no. Now based on if condition for "age" value i am loading and displaying an img in a datagrid under "image" header text .

suppose i have entered 3 rows. and i want to delete the second row. So on clicking the 2nd row and press the deleteData button, it was coming like that. i mean whole row is not getting deleting. a blank image icon kind of thing is retaining. I am loading images thru an itemrenderer. now you got it.
    give me a solution pls.
    Rajesh

Try the clearRow method.