A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Deep linking with XML and SWF

Deep linking with XML and SWF

Hello i got a problem that i need some help with it.

A swf AS2 gets info from an xml document. The swf shows a gallery with photos and when user clicks photo flash displays the photo larger with info on the side.

What i need to do is this... when user clicks photo.. a new URL link is created something like "website/#Photo1"

This works with swfAddress,..i tested it with a simple swf where everything is in the timeline and through the swfAddress(which uses JS HTML and AS to do the trick) flash creates that new URL address depending on where you click and what name you want to give the address...

What troubles me is how do i do this when XML is in the middle of passing all the information in Flash?

Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance

Deep linking with XML and Flash

Hello i got a problem that i need some help with it.

A swf AS2 gets info from an xml document. The swf shows a gallery with photos and when user clicks photo flash displays the photo larger with info on the side.

What i need to do is this... when user clicks photo.. a new URL link is created something like "website/#Photo1"

This works with swfAddress,..i tested it with a simple swf where everything is in the timeline and through the swfAddress(which uses JS HTML and AS to do the trick) flash creates that new URL address depending on where you click and what name you want to give the address...

What troubles me is how do i do this when XML is in the middle of passing all the information in Flash?

Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance