A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Spacerunner 3D

All the good ones were taken JR_Ewing's Avatar

Spacerunner 3D

Hi all
    A long time ago I used to post about a game called spacerunner here at FlashKit. It looked like this (original and color versions):

spacerunner
    spacerunner color

I am now making a 3d-version for iphone/android with a friend. I've done all the graphics and my friend has done all the programming. I had SO much help from this community when developing the first games so I thought I should show you guys what Spacerunner has become.

This is what he looks like now:

And this is what he looks like in action:

YouTube

Please, all feedback is welcome.

/Jonas

(If you want you can follow the development on Facebook.)

Looks like a nice game. It's kinda cool to see the evolution from the first game to the iPhone version. Is your friend writing it in OpenGL, or Unity or something else? One piece of feedback, and maybe this is in the works already, but people these days hate failing so maybe some sort of introduction/tutorial on what the different moves are would be a good idea for the casual audience.

All the good ones were taken JR_Ewing's Avatar
    Thanks! We are using Unity to put the game together, it's a great tool. And you're absolutly right about the game being too hard in the film. We will have 9 different levels where the first ones will be real easy. The first one only have two obstacle-types. We will also have an endless mode that gradually gets harder.

Unfortunately someone else has used the name Spacerunner on app-store so we're trying to come up with a new name. Any suggestions ?

/Jonas