A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [AS2] Load swfs from array back-to-back

[AS2] Load swfs from array back-to-back

Hey all,

I am working on a having external swfs get loaded into the main swf one by one from an array.

I can get the first one to load, but it just keeps on playing the first item in the array over and over, instead of loading the next movie. I have a container on my stage, cleverly named "container" and I am using AS2 and loadMovie.

I am guessing my conditon on my if statement is off, but I am not sure how to tell the onEnterFrame to check the currentframe of the loaded swf and not the container itself. I might be way off, but in my mind I feel like this mostly makes sense, but knowing Flash it is probably not nearly enough coding. Any help would be appreciated!

I might also add this won't be running on the web, so I don't need to worry about preloading swfs since it will be running directly off a PC onto a screen in our office.

Here is my code:
    Code:
    var myClips:Array = ["movie1.swf", "movie2.swf", "movie3.swf", "white_logo.swf"];

var i:Number = 0;

_root.container.onEnterFrame = function() {	
    	_root.loadMovie(myClips[i], "container");
    if (_root.container.child._currentframe==_root.container.child._totalframes){
    	_root.container.unloadMovie();
    	_root.loadMovie(myClips[i], "container");
    	_root.i = ++i;
    }
    }
    Last edited by RESlyder; 05-28-2010 at 04:27 PM.

var x:Number = 1; x /= 0;
    I don't think "_root.container.child._currentframe" will work. I think you just need to use "_root.container._currentframe"

also, change every place that you have "i" into "_root.i" and every "myClips" into "_root.myClips" within the onEnterFrame function there.

I think that should work...try it.

-Zippy Dee
    Ted Newman
    Z¡µµ¥ D££

Soup In A Box

I ended up pushing this project to the back burner after posting. Recently picked it back up and figured out my issue, so I thought I would post the solution for anyone else looking.

PHP Code:
    var myClips:Array = ["movie1.swf""movie2.swf""movie3.swf""movie4.swf"];

var 
    i:Number 0;

_root.container.loadMovie(myClips[i]);

onEnterFrame = function(){
        if(
    _root.container._currentframe == _root.container._totalframes){
            ++
    i;

_root.container.loadMovie(myClips[i]);
        }