A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: CALLING ALL JAPANESE ANIME FANS!

Originally posted by Naldoman

Yes, it's been a long time! I don't even remember the details, other than Eve's greenish hair. I just recall it was rather dull compared to the first one. The first video was just this wild 45-min. music/violence featurette that didn't care about logic, story, or rules, and it just "clicked" !!! (Kinda like The Matrix}

I was looking for my Akira tape today, and found a copy of Megazone 23 Pt. III, so I must have seen it. Is that the one where they finally made it to the new planet---? Man I remember about zero from that, but I think the colors and shading were waaaay wacko, or something. Ha! Ha!

I was just thinking how ludicrous a "lost city in space" story was, but they did it in Dark City and I loved that movie, too!
    Hey Naldo,

Original Megazone23 was one of the first big OAV hits. I really liked Part 2, and found its storyline and art to be awesome. The mecha fighting action was terrific, and I found things to be much more cyberpunk than ever before.
    That Garlan mecha kicked way more ass than in the first movie. And the alien entity was scary as hell. (Man, that is one alien I would not want to be attacked by! Steel tentacles of death, ouch!)

Hey, it's got all you need for a successful anime:
    Kid with advanced heavily-armed transforming mecha goes on rampage thru city, with security forces in pursuit, inside of a floating space fortress.

Like Blue Thunder, but with kickass mecha!

Oh yeah, and the deadly unstoppable alien intruder wreaking carnage against the security forces made it even better! Man that alien was nasty!

Here we go!

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/m-serve/megazone/

Just had to post a link

Megazone23 is one of the great anime hits, and certainly one that remember. It's made of 3 movies.

The site has info on it (in japanese, sorry), but it also has video clips, in RealMedia format! Very high quality animation for its time, and lots of cool action.

If you want to see a good sci fi action anime, that's one you shouldn't miss.

DJ_SFinKz
    .....this willl neva get read lol

man i only have MEGA ZONE 23 PT.1 on DVD. I cant seem where to get the parts 2 & 3. Any of u know where to get them???

Originally posted by flash4a
    man i only have MEGA ZONE 23 PT.1 on DVD. I cant seem where to get the parts 2 & 3. Any of u know where to get them???
    Dude, go to the link I posted above! It's the Megazone23 homepage! You can order it from their directly, if you want!

Otherwise, I'm sure there are various anime places where you can order it from. Try Animeigo, if you like.

Ahh Megazone 23... that was one of the classics.....
    i always loved that bit when he was hacking or cracking (depending on ur preference to words) and he gt found out and he ran his finger along and all the disks flew out..... i don't know why, but i just loved that bit.....

Apart from that i can only remember the bit when he gets outside the city at the end.... oh and the naked chick