A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Trouble installing Away3D

Trouble installing Away3D

Hey guys.

I've been trying for a long time in trying to just get Away3D on my computer. For every build I download I get, at least one of the files come with compilations errors. They range from 56 to 6. As for the one that was 6, it didn't come with 2 of the files needed. Is there a build somewhere that I can use without errors, and how exactly do I install it? I've created a Flex Library project, and also tried the SVN, but nothing is working. Any help is appreciated!

Away3D does not need to be installed, it's completely open source. All you have to do is to add external path to the folder with Away3D to your project. You can download the stable version 3.6.0 from the official site http://away3d.com/ and there's definitely no missing files, because I'm using it right now with FlashDevelop and I have no problems

Thanks! I was trying to send all the files as a Flex Library Project, and it kept on bringing errors. For the next time, I did as you said, and linked to a project. I now have a working Away3D project.