Hi there, i have made a game, and have developed a high scores system to use, which all works fine, the only thing i am having trouble with is the way to input the players names, basically what i want is an old school name input system where on the screen u can see one letter in a textbox at a time with a button either side of it (kinda like this: <| A |> ) now when you click on the right button i want the letter in the textbox to change from A to B, then if i click again, C and so on, same with the left button ( if letter is "B" and left is pressed letter turns to "A")

so what i have so far is an array containing all of the letters, and the functions to detect when the button is pressed,
my code:

var array:Array = new Array("a","b","c","d","e","f","g","h","i","j","k", "l","m","n","o","p","q","r","s","t","u","v","w","x ","y","z");

now in my function what i need is a way of detecting which element of the array is selected, sending the letter to the textbox, and when the button is pressed for the letter to change, i didnt really have any idea how to do this but im guessing its something like this:

for(var i:int = 0; i < array.length -1; i+1){
textbox.text = array[i];
i++;
}

but this doesnt exactly work as i just guessed it and guessed it wrong lol, could someone please help me out??

Thanks in advance

Dan