A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Show] Runt - Interactive Story

An FKer

[Show] Runt - Interactive Story

Hi guys!

So I'm going to start with saying that this game is in no way something that is revolutionary or state of the art. However, I'm proud of it, and I hope you guys will enjoy it for what it's worth.

There's a description of what the game is on the following link, where you can also play it. Let me know what think!

Runt - Interactive Story

Holy crap I turned up the volume cuz I couldn't hear music then walked outside and BLAM I love the artistic coherence of the game. The fact that you guys did that in 48 hours is pretty cool, any plans to flesh it out into a full-fledged game?

An FKer
    Haha, sorry. I put up a little note that the music starts on the second frame. But thanks for the reply. Originally we were thinking of redoing the entire game as a longer version, but I'm not sure if we want to.

Though, we probably will try to make another game of some sort, just for the fun of it.

When you know are. Son of Bryce's Avatar
    Great game! It's short but it wraps up nicely. Reminds me of a children's book, with a moral at the end "believe in yourself!"

I like that it's short, I think its a good example of showing that a game doesn't have to be too big for an enjoyable experience. And that you guys finishing it in such a short time, that's even better.

The only major problem I had was with the staging of some of the backgrounds. Sometimes it wasn't clear which way you were supposed to go first. It was confusing to me that the arrow pointed right in the tree, but I had to go left after going right. I was skipping a lot of the text, but if it said something like "Maybe my ball is on another branch" could clue in the player as to what to do next. And if they skipped the message, it would be great to trigger it again when stepping in that spot again.

Great stuff!