A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems importing sound (.wav/ .asnd)

Unhappy Problems importing sound (.wav/ .asnd)

Hi, I'm creating a smalll movie for a friend and need a voice over for it. I recorded using Soundbooth assuming it would be the easiest way.

The problem is that, although I have managed to import .wavs that others have sent me, it won't import the one I recorded on Soundbooth ("...because there were problems reading them.")

I tried using .asnd instead thinking it might fit more smoothly with Flash (CS5 by the way). It imports the file, but the voice is far lower/ slower than in Soundbooth.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but unfortunately I'm kind of new to this...

Thanks in advance for any help,
    James

Smile Problem with importing sounds into Flash

I had the same issue and after an hour on the phone with Adobe they solved the problem. The short version is that a Flash registry key got currupted. Here was the solution they gave me:

If you are running Flash CS5 :
    Close Flash.
    Go to Start -> Run…
    Type regedit and click OK
    In Registry Editor, right-click on “My Computer/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/Flash11” registry key and delete it.

The Flash 11 key will be recreated when you re-open Flash.

Here is the article number if you want to look it up on Adobe's site or if you don't have CS5: #CPSID_52048.

Hope this helps you too.
    Kathy