A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: XML for Development & Testing

XML for Development & Testing

Hi There,

I have a flash project that I am adding to an Expression Engine (EE) website, which I am going to use to generate the xml that powers the website.

I have fairly fixed options for the url structure on EE and am having loads of issues with my flash set up, directory structures etc and just cant get things working.

Being fairly new to AS3, I am pretty sure it is something that I am doing within my flash also.

Current Local Setup (got it working offline when i export the movie):

/-/swf/Main.swf loads in dummy xml files located at ../xml/site.xml (relative to Main.swf

Online Setup needs to call the xml files in the format /folder/site and I cant work out how i get this working.

I can help but think my current dev/ local setup is not right, as it requires that i export the movie with no errors and, lots of the images are online and it calls these ok but if i move them it breaks the movie on export.

Sorry for my ignorance on the matter, I am not a flash developer, any help would be really appreciated!!

Ideally if i could just reference the online version of the xml on both local and online it would fix the issue!

Many thanks,

S
    Last edited by samhibberd; 03-30-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Bump

you can reference on-line XML & images when testing locally..

I am not understanding the problem much I guess (sorry)