A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AS3 Android - Disappearing bitmaps & help with waypoints

AS3 Android - Disappearing bitmaps & help with waypoints

Hi everybody. I have just started creating a game for android, I'm using HTC Desire HD and it is going pretty good. Except some of my bitmaps keep disappearing, one second it may be there and the next it's disappear and reappear again. Is this a common problem does anyone know why this is happening? I am using 'cacheAsBitmap' and 'cacheAsBitmapMatrix' on the bitmaps to increase performance.

And can someone shed som light on what is best when using graphics in a game. To just convert everything to images and import and cache as bitmaps, so that i can put the workload on the graphics card instead of the processor? And am I missing something here or is there no way to import a flash graphic via actionscript without it being a movieclip? Seeing as how I don't want to create a new movieclip instance each time I insert, let's say a rocket.

Finally, I'm having trouble with finding a good solution on how to make enemies follow a waypoint system without instantly rotating towards the next waypoint. Are there any good tutorials or pointers on this matter?

E.g. How would you go about making an enemy turn exactly 90 degrees ( while calculating the speed through it's rotation ), and move exactly 100px down. Is there an equation or something for doing this?

I added an image for the sake of it

I appreciate you reading! Have a good one.
    Attached Images Attached Images