A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Post something

Post something

This board is just about dead - let's see if we can kick some life into it.

Here's a load of random pics...

Nikonist
    #1+2 nice documentations
    #7 love the graphic structures
    #8 tad closer, maybe?
    #9 I go for the depth in this shot and I can feel the pressure from above

yes this board seems to go downhill since quite some time...
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=820514
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=819460

and tell you what, it's not nice and no fun to post photos and not getting a reply...

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=819060
    simone

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=820331
    borkum

...though I always mentioned that I am looking for an opinion even if it is a critical comment...

WannaBe did a good job and you and me were about the only ones to post regularly...but 3 can't keep a forum alive...
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Frex - thanks and duly noted re your other posts. I've had a look at them - should have responded earlier.

I guess all communities have a life-span and, what with newer technology sites for sharing photos in a faster, more sociable way - facebook/flickr etc.. an "old-fashioned" forum isn't going to compete - especially on a website that isn't actually aimed towards photographers..

We only really need 5 or 6 of us regularly posting to keep it active...

Nikonist
    Quote Originally Posted by loydall View Post
    I guess all communities have a life-span and, what with newer technology sites for sharing photos in a faster, more sociable way - facebook/flickr etc.. an "old-fashioned" forum isn't going to compete - especially on a website that isn't actually aimed towards photographers..

Agree! ...the quality of the feedbacks you get in these modern type forums is often very poor...'claqueur style', nothing but cheers to whatever is posted!
    You mentioned in one of your recent posts that we try to keep up a certain quality and I surely would miss it!

We only really need 5 or 6 of us regularly posting to keep it active...
    Ok, let's try to keep the board up till we might get more enthusiasts...

I will only be able to post stuff for another couple of weeks as at the 6th, May I get the first of two knee replacements which will knock me out for quite a long time

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    loydall,

Great pics!

Love the contrast and color in #2. Any idea what your settings were to get the nice depth of field there?

Nice "motion" in #5

Excellent composition in #7

Did you photoshop any of these? Did you take #7 in BW or did you convert it in PS?

Very nice!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Cheers - think I shot #2 at f/4 - that tends to be my standard setting for picking out detail in shots.

I probably did a bit of PS on most of them - I always shoot in RAW so would have certainly done the b&w conversion in PS after.

Quote Originally Posted by frex View Post
    and tell you what, it's not nice and no fun to post photos and not getting a reply...

...though I always mentioned that I am looking for an opinion even if it is a critical comment...

WannaBe did a good job and you and me were about the only ones to post regularly...but 3 can't keep a forum alive...
    I'm sure you are right in what you say about posting and not receiving replies or comments. I am always looking at the fantastic work that is posted on this forum but you know because I know nothing about photography and art I dont feel that I have a right to make comment. All I could say is "I like that" or " I dont like that". If you asked me why I would only be able to say "dunno really". So I dont comment. But I do enjoy the forum and would find it tragic if it shut down. Keep on posting

Quote Originally Posted by gorlummeeguvnor View Post
    I'm sure you are right in what you say about posting and not receiving replies or comments. I am always looking at the fantastic work that is posted on this forum but you know because I know nothing about photography and art I dont feel that I have a right to make comment. All I could say is "I like that" or " I dont like that". If you asked me why I would only be able to say "dunno really". So I dont comment. But I do enjoy the forum and would find it tragic if it shut down. Keep on posting
    Doesn't matter that you're not massively experienced in photography. In fact - the more people that that we have looking at our photos that aren't from a photographic background the better.

I'm tired of posting stuff on forums that I think is ok but I've blown out a bit of the photo or an eye isn't in focus and then the "pros" will always point those things out and I just think - "Yeah, but do you LIKE the photo" I see so many people post photos that may well be technically perfect but lack any artistic merit.

A photo needs to do something for you - shock you, amuse you, turn you on, gasp at the beauty of someone/something, evoke a memory/feeling..

That's what you need to look at - forget about looking at what aperture someone used or what lighting set up was used - it's the end product that counts.

So - I'm sure you're more than capable of posting something meaningful

Look at the colours, textures, contrast, emotions in eyes, places, memories - anything that hits you about the photo - it doesn't matter.

Anything you say is important.

Also - would like to point out that this forum is where I first found out about photography.

Many years ago I was flash developer and used this site for flash questions but I gradually got into web development and the flash stuff took a back seat.

Then I discovered this board and started asking a few questions about what camera I should buy. This was when I knew nothing about photography. A few people recommended a canon 400d so went out and bought one and haven't looked back.

That's why I have a fondness of this forum. Photography is a massive part of my life now and it's in part down to this forum and the few members that have stayed around.

Right now this board feels like the end of a party when you get a few guys hanging around when everyone else has left.

Anyways - if there's enough of us it might just keep going.

Here's another photo:

Nikonist
    I agree to every single word you said John!

sometimes my english abilities are not sufficient to describe in detail what I feel about the work which is shown here but I don't keep my 'mouth shut'.
    So I ask you 'gorlummeeguvnor' to just speak out what you feel or think...I mean it's your opinion and we need people who are talking

maybe you'll go out one day and shoot some photos too

www.ajs-design.de