A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: setChromaKey

setChromaKey

I dont understand why there are not more examples of the 'setChromaKey' function when on the Koolmoves website it is advertised as a big feature?

try to get it to work...and the colour I want to key out is black on a movie clip...

any tips?

cheers

R

Super Moderator
    Did you see the paragraph in the help --

Chroma Key

When you add a video using the gui and the export version is set to Flash 9/10, the object that is created on stage is an instance of the GUI_VideoObject class. An object of that class has a method setChromaKey. The documentation on the parameters for the method is in the Koolmoves documentation for the GUI_VideoObject class. Create an AS3 frame action like flv1.setChromaKey(...

and the documentation in bin/AS3/km/documentation on GUI_VideoObject class.

Maybe Wilbert or someone else can put an example on koolexchange.com

There's not much to tell about it.
    The docs mention the parameters you can use

setChromaKey(keyColor:uint = 0x00ff00, chromaTolerance:int = 60, lumaTolerance:int = 255, preBlur:Boolean = true, postBlur:Boolean = false, invertMask:Boolean = false, preserveLuma:Boolean = false);

Usually you only have to change the first or the first three parameters. The rest of the parameters can be omitted.

Yeah, I have no idea how to use it as well. There is no mention of it in Koolmoves at all, no examples in the examples folder, and nothing on there website in the support section.

They need to sift through their support section and reorganize it, a lot of the sites on there are either redundant or no longer updated. One of them had it's last post in 2009 when I was looking for information.

there are many examples of out-of-date AS1 on the website - and not many of AS3 - it would be a good idea to have an example of chroma key considering it is one of the main features advertised!

a question - does it also work on jpegs?

I also imported a swf as an editiable clip, which is a movie clip of an image sequence - which has the black colour keyed out in Adobe Flash - is it possible to also do this in Koolmoves?

see attached swf

cheers

R
    Attached Files Attached Files

The chroma key option is used for video (flv, mp4) not for movieclips.
    For jpeg, you could simply use the threshold function of a BitmapData object.

Super Moderator
    We are working on a chroma key example.

Super Moderator
    We are going to add functionality in 8.1 so a specific color in a movieclip can be transparent using a custom flash 10 filter