A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: complex rollover buttons in cs5

complex rollover buttons in cs5

Hi everyone,

I am very new to flash. I have this website:

http://heartless-ink.com/serafina.html

When you hover over the links, I would like an animation to play (of the words being scribbled out) and when you mouseout, it goes back to normal. On page click, I wanted the link to change colour so that you would know which page you were on.

I have created a frame by frame animation of the words being scribbled out, but I don't know what to do with the animation!

How do I insert it into my html? Do I need to use actionscript in flash?
    Any help would be amazing.

Well, I would use actionscript to work out that issue. Depending on the version of actionscript, the specific commands will change. To make your life easier, you can have the movieclip animation the actual button. Placing a stop command on the first frame, when the user rolls over the button, the it will play, when they roll out, it will return to the first frame.

To change the color, you'll have to store which page has been processed. If it has, then you shouldn't have any problems.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

thank you. I have made an animation rollover, and it's a movie clip saved as a swf.
    How can I insert this into my html, so that when you click it it goes to the page? I'm not sure what to do, I tried to do this in Dreamweaver but I couldn't figure it out....