A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anyone have experience with Alchemy?

Anyone have experience with Alchemy?

Hey all!

I recently stumbled upon a library (http://pokersource.sourceforge.net/) that I would like to use online through Flash. I'm exploring a whole bunch of ways, like creating a program that takes in player hands and board cards as arguments, and returns chances as an output.
    (Flash > PHP > .exe)
    Or what I'm now thinking might be the most comfortable for me would be to put Alchemy to some good use. Anyone have experience with it at all?

If yes, I was wondering if you could just help me out with getting this C library to a .swc, or even just telling me the problems you had just so I know what kind of thorny bushes I'm getting myself into!

Thanks all!

P.
    WIP-ZOMBIES

I love vegetarians! More meat for the rest of us!

Hmm, to be honest I think your overall pipeline/workflow would be easier just converting that library to AS3.

I find Alchemy to be fiddly with too much overhead. If you want to learn though, your best bet is probably to download a whole alchemy source code package, so you can see how the whole pipeline works.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I guess I will check out existing Alchemy projects. From what I read, it really didn't seem TOO complicated, but just wanted to hear if anyone has had any specific problems, are there any nuances that might **** with me.

Translating to AS3 was my first instinct, but that library is gnarly and hairy and...just really icky to get into...Which is why I figured that wrapping the whole thing into a .swc would not only be quicker, but would give me more performance, and in the end more function...

I will still explore away...

P.
    WIP-ZOMBIES

I love vegetarians! More meat for the rest of us!