A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Say Hi

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    Do you grow the white asparagus like the Germans love?
    Nope, just the plain ol' green stuff. Cut a dozen or so spears this morning...asparagus risotto for dinner!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    So much has happened lately I could write a novel...

I guess top on the list is my dad just passed away.
    Apparently he was an extreme hoarder of all things that no sane person would want.
    He's been living in some warehouses for 20 years, buying and selling abandoned storage contents.
    Unfortunately it seems that he was mentally unable to throw anything away, so he stored every piece of trash that couldn't be sold for a nickel at a yard sale.
    At the time of his death he had 5 large warehouses packed to the ceiling with old hotel brochures, dry rotted clothing, broken stereo equipment and appliances, rusted tools, pallets of paint buckets that dried out sometime back in the 80's, rat-chewed styrofoam containers, and moldy framed prints of the style you'd find at the local budget motel.

After renting and filling the largest construction dumpster I could order, plus an additional 7 trips to the local dump with an overflowing pickup truck and trailer, plus 3 trips to the scrap metal yard, and an additional trip to the hazardous waste dump, I am finally finished clearing out the last of it.
    After all the fees and charges are added, I have come out of the experience with a grand total inheritance of $100 plus 3 herniated and 2 torn discs in my back.
    Thanks Dad!

I still have one project left before it's all over and I can put him to rest.
    His favorite thing when we were growing up was to take us down to the Florida Keys diving the coral reefs.
    We dove just about every jetty, bridge and reef between Jupiter and Key West.
    So as a finally gesture I'll be making an artificial reef sculpture mixed with his ashes and placing him out on one of his favorite dive spots.
    I'll also be making up a few smaller pieces to keep in mine and my brother's saltwater tanks.

On the lighter side, my muscadine grapevines are starting to fruit and some of the clippings are showing growth as well.
    Once my back is feeling better I'll be building two more trellises and ordering a few more varietals.

The Jamaican Cherry tree is about 12' high and full of ripening fruits.
    If I'm quick I can get about a dozen cotton candy flavored berries off of it each day before the birds steal them.
    I've got about a full sandwich baggy in the freezer and should have enough to boil them up for jelly soon.

Sticking with the sweet stuff... I've been experimenting in the kitchen with a bunch of Key Limes and came up with an awesome twist on Key Lime pie.
    I made a ganache with some leftover Godiva dark chocolates and coated the bottom of a graham cracker crust before filling it with the traditional custard filling topped high with vanilla whipped cream.
    To. die. for.

Over in the Oh Crap category, I just ordered the CS5.5 master suite and Lightroom from the Adobe site without realizing it was the download version.
    I've only purchased physical software before and am wondering if I've made a big mistake.
    Have any of you bought the Adobe download stuff?
    Any problems with the download and install?
    Any problems with installing it on the desktop and laptop at the same time?
    Share me your experience if you have one.
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

Dang. Sorry to hear.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    i am not even entirely sure what that guy was doing in that video. None of the music matched what he was doing.

Looks like a bunch of hipster activity to me.
    Actually it is. He is activating the drum loops and drum hits via the expression pads. [big black thing on the body) and activating various other instruments and loops on the upper portion of the neck. The lower portion of the neck he introduces musical phrases on the fly which then become loops.

Watch the monitor on this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPP7yBRaEE&NR=1

It sounds like crap to me and the guy creeps me out but that's the concept in a nutshell
    It's like launchpad without the pretty lights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyT7f...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Frets View Post
    Watch the monitor on this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPP7yBRaEE&NR=1
    wow that sounds awful...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Wow. Just when I thought the genre couldn't get any worse...

Sup with the chest hair shots?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

That was truly awful- in any musical sense. Why did they even call that dubstep? Cause the 1 wobble effect he had programmed? bah.

So would you say you hate this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee3KjCH_rZo
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 05-10-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Did none of you recall my first post
    Dubstep really isn't my thing to listen to however it's extremely fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    That was truly awful- in any musical sense. Why did they even call that dubstep? Cause the 1 wobble effect he had programmed? bah.

So would you say you hate this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee3KjCH_rZo
    Yes. I truly hate dubstep. It's a waste of time to convince me otherwise.

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    I've got nothing against dubstep itself, but Mr. Chesthair has got to be the most annoying thing I've seen or heard in a looooong time.
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

Not trying to convince just funny that you can hate a whole genre no matter what. I really don't like a lot of genres but I've come across a few songs in each I would say I enjoy.

I hate the plop music genre..
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    Not trying to convince just funny that you can hate a whole genre no matter what.
    To each his own. I just dislike dubstep, as per my ass, steeped in ass, mixed with ass rant above. It's horrible.

I really don't like a lot of genres but I've come across a few songs in each I would say I enjoy.
    Glad for you. I dislike bluegrass the same way too.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    I dislike bluegrass the same way too.
    ....no A.A. Grey and Seven Foot Dilly for you then!
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.