A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Say Hi

Say Hi

Hi's all.

Not much new with me. The only thing that stands out is I've been doing midi mapping with ableton live and my ztar.
    I want to clone the setup that this guy has- http://youtu.be/v0pEez7AmrU
    Dubstep really isn't my thing to listen to however it's extremely fun to play.

Anyway what's new with you?

FK's Fnortner
    *waves*

Not much with me either. I started writing monologues again and this time in German as well (www.myactor.biz). I am planning to place some on youtube and will let you know when done.

Otherwise I am teaching myself other things than Flash such as 3D modeling and animation and video production. Also I got into Flash builder.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Grandfather to the stars bigginge's Avatar
    I've just been down the allotment and planted 12 asparagus crowns. Just need to wait for 3 years to reap the benefit. Also sowed another row of peas, and earthed up my potatoes. Every now and then people give me work - really gets in the way of my rustic life.
    To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Love Light Romania Romania Blog

Moving to Boston in 3 weeks.

Frets did you just say you play dubstep with a zitar?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Death to dubstep

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Wannabe I play it, not well. It's actually more fun to play then to listen to.

Sometimes it drives me nuts getting that bass note on the "and" of a beat. Basiclly you drop a bunch of loops into live and alternate them then tweak. It's really no different then trance. I'm not into dropping loops in I like to write them on the fly. Usually after a half hour I'm ready for anything that is not a vamp.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Death to dubstep
    I was waiting for the love.

But you have to agree that the progression of the "genre" if you can even say what the current artist are putting out is even dubstep anymore. That straight wobble is BORING. There needs to be more substance. I am glad that there is a lot of orginal vocals and other live instruments being played.

On a side note I just saw Shpongle for my third time as Shpongletron on this tour. It was absolutely incredible. VJ Zebbler outdid himself with the visuals.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

doItLikeThis
    playing randomly on my midi keyboard.
    -Aditya

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    bigginge, just started harvesting my asparagus this year...DEEEElicious!

Got out and planted cukes, tomatoes and jalapenos this weekend while the kids played on the trampoline. May try to get the corn and some greens in tonight...a little late, but I've already got the seeds...

Doing my first iPad app and trying to figure out how to track down more freelance development...
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

flashpipe, when did you plant your asparagus? I'm also waiting for some artichokes I ordered, they're so expensive in the shops.

3 years ago. I cut a few last year just because I couldn't resist, but they're definitely coming in fuller, stronger and larger this year. I've got several that are as thick as a quarter at the tip! (that's what she said...)

mmmm...

Haven't ever tried artichokes...you'll have to let me know how that goes.
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

I look forward to cutting a few spears and cooking them straight away with a bit of butter. Globe Artichokes are quite pricey here in the UK but I bought some when we in Spain a few weeks back and they were gorgeous, so I've ordered 12 plants, again you have to wait a year or 2 for them to be at their best.
    Is this in your own garden? We got an allotment 2 years back, which is a plot of land rented from, usually, the local council. We spend a lot of time there, and the grandchildren come down, too. If you're interested my facebook pics are at:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=21d19924c1

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    artichoke hearts, stuffed wit bolognaise sauce and a bit of bachamel sauce on top, cooked in the oven, Yummie

i am not even entirely sure what that guy was doing in that video. None of the music matched what he was doing.

Looks like a bunch of hipster activity to me.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    I was waiting for the love.
    Dubstep is like reggaeton... both need to disappear, quickly. It pisses me off even more that it has the word "dub" in it - Jamaican dub being the real dub, the first dub - even upsets me even more.

It's just horrible ass trance mixed with horrible ass jungle and bass with horrible ass timing and horrible ass sounds. There. I said it.

And mixed with ass.

Death to dubstep.

so its ass to the ass mixed with ass.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by bigginge View Post
    I look forward to cutting a few spears and cooking them straight away with a bit of butter. Globe Artichokes are quite pricey here in the UK but I bought some when we in Spain a few weeks back and they were gorgeous, so I've ordered 12 plants, again you have to wait a year or 2 for them to be at their best.
    Is this in your own garden? We got an allotment 2 years back, which is a plot of land rented from, usually, the local council. We spend a lot of time there, and the grandchildren come down, too. If you're interested my facebook pics are at:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=21d19924c1
    Nice pics...looks like quite the garden. How many people share the work/produce? I've got my own garden on 3.5 acres of land. Last year it was about 40' x 80' but I cut it back a little this year to 30'x60' and I've got a few smaller little gardens with herbs, pumpkins, etc.

I'll have to look into artichokes...

Do you grow the white asparagus like the Germans love?