Hey guys - quick question regarding the seek command in AS3. I am making a video tutorial which uses chapter buttons to jump to points along a video's timeline. I am using a function to continuously check the vid's playhead time (on enterframe) and highlighting the correct chapter button based on the result of this. I am then using a seek command to jump the playhead to a point (in seconds) along the vid timeline when a chapter button is clicked on.

All works fine on my local comp, but i am using streaming video now and it's giving me a couple of problems. Basically it's working, however, there is a delay of about a second when seeking between chapters and when a user clicks quickly between the various chapter buttons the seek commands seem to stack up on top of each other (ie. the new seek does not overwrite the old seek, rather it waits first until it is finished) and so the delay slowly accumulates until it all becomes rather unusable.

I'm a newbie to flash and i'm not sure how to go forward, i wondered whether anybody could suggest the best approach for me here? Is there maybe a way to remove a pending seek command when the next one executes? Appreciate your help...