A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: cs5 to ipa to handset...

cs5 to ipa to handset...

hi all,

been banging against a brickwall trying to get the an ipa test app onto a 3g handset - it keeps on telling me that "signer not valid"

i have an app dev licence and have been through the process of certificates/p12/associated files - i should be an expert by now!!!!

cs5 is letting me publish ok - itunes lets me put the .ipa & script into the library - but when i try and sync it - i get the same message.

searched for every possible combination of phrases/terms still getting nowhere!

anyone else had this problem?

really grateful if someone knows what to do - judging by the amount of people that have asked the question but not got any answers - might save a few heads from frying!!!

Did you solve this problem? I have the same thing here, can you please tell me how it works?

hey tobler - yes i did work it out (as much by luck than skill) - it was the distribution file - the one that was created along side the p12 wasn't right - when i renamed the distribution file that i set up/downloaded on the apple dev site - it worked :-)

hope that helps

if not let me know and i will try and get it working for your project.

let me know how you get on?

Hi, thanks for your reply. Obviously my problem wasn't exact the same!? My test app wasn't synced with my iphon 3g, but when I tested the same project with an iphone 4 it worked! So it seems that it is a problem with iphone 3g and firmware 4.2.1!?

Does anybody knows what i can do to make it also run on my old iphone?

hey tobler, sorry i couldn't be of more help with your problem - one thing to check on is make sure you have the iphone3g udid in the list of testing devices - if you haven't defined the udid of the 3g device, then it won't sync...

check that out mate - if there is only your iphone4 device in that list, that will be your answer - add the 3g and download and use the new distribution file...

hope that helps...

Hi, this is not the problem. The devices are both listed with their udids for testing. No, i'm sure that the provisioning stuff isn't the problem. There must be another reason beyond flash, openssl and provisioning. You can read about other people having problems with apps that wont sync. But i haven't found a solution. So i'll go on with the iphone 4 ...

...it is strange that it will sync to one test device but not the other - should work fine on any handset included in the device list. but 'what do i know' lol!
    good luck with the project

Yes, it's very strange. This is the reason why it took me the whole day yesterday with research and testing until i finally tried another device ...

Thanks again and good luck to you too.

Just to clear this, my problem simply was that I tried to install the app on an iPhone 3g - and I didn't know that this device isn't supported by the AIR for iOS export anymore. It now works perfectly on 3gs and 4 and had nothing to do with provisioning and certificates and that stuff.

...yes, anything published from cs5.5 is not compatible with 3g handsets - shame adobe didn't give a "heads up" to this point...