A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Controlling the users pc or mac volume with actionscript

Question Controlling the users pc or mac volume with actionscript

I've been asked to hard code in playing the video at full sound. I'm using the flash video component and I have several videos where the sound needs to be played at full volume.

I have set up the actionscript to play flash full volume and taken the volume control off the skin but I want to know if its possible to get flash to control the users computer volume too?

Any help would be greatly received even if it's just not possible.
    thanks

Will moderate for beer
    I would hope that's not possible, to prevent exactly what you're trying to do. The last thing I want is ads screaming at me that cannot be shut up.

Hi 5TonsOfFlax thats not what I'm trying to do its a consultation project and the volume must be exactly the same. Plus its not going to be on the web it's a dvd/application thing.

Will moderate for beer
    That is what you're trying to do, regardless of the intent behind it. I'm not accusing you of being a crass advertiser, I am saying that if you could do it, so could they. And they would. All the time.

If you don't need it to be on the web, consider making it an AIR project. Probably still can't do it.

I found this message, which indicates you might be able to in AIR through NativeProcess.

I get your point, I'll see if i can do it through Air although I haven't had any dealings with Air yet so it could be difficult.

thanks