A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need sound help urgently

Need sound help urgently

Hello everyone,

I am very new to flash and actionscript and don't know a lot about it so I will post my question here. I have been looking for an answer to this but everything I find is not what I need and I find very complicated. What I need help with is this: I have multiple .mp3 files and I want to make them play in my game I made. The game is very basic and is just a choose your own adventure game.

I have lots of different scenes, with layers on all of them and my game runs perfectly. What I am in need of is help making music play at the start of each scene, and stop by the end of it.

Like I said earlier all the code I find is very complicated and I cant follow it easily so is there anyone who can tell me step by step (as basically as possible) how to do this?

I think what I want is some code so that when the scene starts, the music I designate should play, but I need to turn that music off before the next scene so they dont play at the same time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Mark.

You first have to import the music into your library and give it a class name of Drum or such

function playSound(event:Event):void {
    var drumrum = new Drum();
    var mainSound:SoundChannel = drum.play(0,int.MAX_VALUE);

}
    playMusic.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,playSo und);

playMusic is a button. Then at the end of the scene put the code drum.stop();

This should work

thanks i was also looking for such script. it realy works