A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FLEX TOPOLOGY NETWORK VIEW USING XML -- Source Code Need V Urgently !!!

Thumbs up FLEX TOPOLOGY NETWORK VIEW USING XML -- Source Code Need V Urgently !!!

Hello Friends,

I need a very big help from you guys !! I have to do a task in flex and my deadline is tuesday. I dont have any idea how to do/achieve ?? I believe some one will help me definitely...

Task is , i have to do a FLEX TOPOLOGY NETWORK VIEW. And this has to done in FLEX and XML... All the nodes info has to come from XML, ie which node has to connect to which one etc... Based on the info what i am getting from XML, i have to display a FLEX TOPOLOGY NETWORK VIEW.....

Can some one help me out. except this info i dont have anything to share..meanwhile i will also try from myside...i will def'ly share if i found any sol.

Thanks guys, pls help me out... waiting for your replies...

Rajesh

Thumbs up Need solution for my issues, Flex Topology Network - Help me pls

Hello Friends,

I got the solution with the below link.

Try Ravis.
    http://code.google.com/p/birdeye/wiki/RaVis

but my requirement was, i want to load my own images using XML and i want to display those images in a network topology ??? how to do this ?? and secondly, as of now the network topology is in Tree -> Parent -> Children struture.... Now how to load Children under Children !!! I have edited XML file also... but still i cant able to figure it out.. can you pls help me on both the issues....

I need a solution little urgent.... can you pls help me...waiting for your reply
    Rajesh

Thumbs up

Hello Friends,

I am still having lots of issues when customizing the source code of FLEX NETWORK TOPOLOGY.

Source files path: http://code.google.com/p/birdeye/wiki/RaVis, with this link i can able to download the files and can able to run the files without any errors..

I am customizing Level1.mxml file according to my requirements. As of now, the xml was structured in Earth->Tree->Leaf structure.

1) But when ever i am trying to create Earth->Tree->Leaf -> Leaf by editing graph.xml ie using "fromID" & "toID " nothing is coming. I mean whole swf becomes empty. But i can able to create chains with any tree to any leaf. But not with leaf of leaf......
    2) I want to use my own XML structure for parsing and displaying the data in Network Topology. How's it possible ?? what are the source files i need to edit for this.
    3) I want to load my own images instead of colored boxes ie for differentiation of Tree and Leaf. Hows it possbile ???

some how i've found full source code of this. but only thing was which files i need to edit to meet my reqmnts ??

I want to achieve all the things using Level1.mxml. Bcoz this is the file meeting my requirements of simple network topology. Using this file i need to achieve. can any one help me out....i am really thankful to them..

waiting for your replies.
    Rajesh

Hello friends,

I have downloaded full source and after compiling i am getting an error from 1 file called Graph.as

File path : org.un.cava.birdeye.ravis.graphLayout.data there is a class file called
    Graph.as and there is function called getTree() and here i am getting the error as below

Multiple markers at this line:
    -implements org.un.cava.birdeye.ravis.graphLayout.data.IGraph. getTree
    -1047: Parameter initializer unknown or is not a compile-time constant.

Can you pls resolve this error. Because i have some issues pending to do. But without fixing the above error i cant able to go forward, so i just strucked here.. I need a help desparately. sorry if am troubling you.

waiting for your reply.

Rajesh

Thumbs up Error in Graph.as file, can any one help me

Hello friends,

I have downloaded full source and after compiling i am getting an error from 1 file called Graph.as

File path : org.un.cava.birdeye.ravis.graphLayout.data there is a class file called Graph.as and there is function called getTree() and here i am getting the error as below

Multiple markers at this line:
    -implements org.un.cava.birdeye.ravis.graphLayout.data.IGraph. getTree
    -1047: Parameter initializer unknown or is not a compile-time constant.

Can you pls resolve this error. Because i have some issues pending to do. But without fixing the above error i cant able to go forward, so i just strucked here.. I need a help desparately. sorry if am troubling you.

waiting for your reply.

Rajesh