A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Show/Hide button functionality for user

Show/Hide button functionality for user

Hello All!

I have been tasked with adding button functionality for a fence companies flash application. Specifically, the buttons will be in a drop down horizontal menu. They will have to display (and hide) certain accessories that will be placed on the fence or are a part of the fence itself. For an example of something similar, please check out the design studio at this site - http://www.ultrafence.com/designstudio.html. It is the application about halfway down the page and after hitting the APP MENU button, it is the top most option.

Please note that as the fence moves (by scrollers) the accessories always stay with the fence. So, I am guessing that the whole thing is a movieclip and that the buttons are referencing?, showing?, hiding? certain aspects of the movieclip.

I guess I would like to know of all the ways I can do it. Efficient and non-efficient styles would be appreciated. I do not need code just yet, but after trying it out I may be posting some.

Thanks

guess i need to dumb it down to get a reply... and i was not requesting code, but just general ideas for a starting direction.
    Last edited by gearkyle11; 07-19-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: clarification