A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [beta] Multiplayer strategy card game

Hybrid View

[beta] Multiplayer strategy card game

Hello, everybody!

I've been working on a multiplayer strategy card game for a while, and would greatly appreciate some feedback: http://theshatteredempire.com/play.php

It's a bit more in-depth than your average flash game, but the strategy gets pretty cool.

All the cards in the game are free, and you can play without registering if you want to

Feedback on any aspect of the game would be awesome, I really appreciate it!

-Kixro

What is the method used to become online game ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Flash View Post
    What is the method used to become online game ??
    Making multiplayer games is a very tough task. I wouldn't advise attempting unless you have experience socket programming and a lot of time to put into it

The idea is pretty simple: I bought a Virtual Private Server to host the game, and wrote a socket server in PHP. The flash clients connect to this server, and this allows me to pass data back and forth between clients and the server. Some Google searches will help you find more information on this. (PHP is only the language I chose to use, whatever you are most comfortable with will work).

If you have specific questions after researching, I would be more than happy to answer them. Go ahead and send me a PM