A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sprite y based on mouse position?

Unhappy Sprite y based on mouse position?

So I'm working on my portfolio and I got this problem. The code posted scrolls the sprite "cellContainer" based on the position of stage.mouseY. Perfect.

Problem is that I want stage.mouseY to equal the entire cellContainer height. Kind of like how a small tablet equals a huge monitor. So when stage.mouseY = 0, cellContainer.y = 0 and when stage.mouseY = stage.stageHeight, cellContainer.y = stage.stageHeight - cellContainer.height. Right now, it scrolls, but it takes a while to scroll throught the entire height of cellContainer. I want it to be proportional to stage.mouseY.

Actionscript Code:
    private function scrollStart(e:Event):void
            {
                cellContainer.y += Math.cos((-stage.mouseY/stage.stageHeight)*Math.PI) * 10;

if (cellContainer.y > 0)
                {
                    cellContainer.y = 0;
                }

if (-cellContainer.y>(cellContainer.height - stage.stageHeight))
                {
                    cellContainer.y = -(cellContainer.height - stage.stageHeight);
                }

}

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Here's a link to what I would it to resemble:

http://www.werkstette.dk

Okay, no one replied, but I figured it out. If anyone is interested, place this inside ENTER_FRAME:
    Actionscript Code:
    var containerY:Number = ((stage.mouseY * (stage.stageHeight - cellContainer.height))/stage.stageHeight);

TweenLite.to(cellContainer, .5, {y:containerY});

No one replied, most likely, because this is the non-technical conversation only forum. Please only use the technical forums listed here for technical questions.

Also, do not put it in ENTER_FRAME. TweenLite has its own ENTER_FRAME event. By using ENTER_FRAME, you're having TweenLite reset itself over and over again, even if the mouse isn't moving. Instead, use MouseEvent.MOUSE_MOVE and make sure it's not checking for a mouse movement globally, but only within the bounds of the gallery preview images.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    BURNT.Responsibly = TRUE