A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Banner Help

Banner Help

Hi all. I need some help sizing a banner and placing a border. I am using Flash CS 5.5 and I have a banner that has multiple layers. I need to resize all the layers at once and create a new layer with a black background so I can use that layer as a border. I also need to know why when I export the fla file to a jpg, there is extra white space, when it should be the size of the banner. Thanks

Select all frames on all layers (click on top-most frame, hold down mouse button, and drag your mouse downwards till you've selected all the frames - and make sure all the layers are unlocked), and when everything is selected, click on T to use the Transform Tool. If you want to resize, so that it keeps its size, hold down Alt and Shift, and drag any corner to make it larger or smaller. Then you make the new layer at the bottom of all of your layers, and make the black background.

To export as an image with the stage's dimensions, in the Include dropdown menu when saving as a JPG file, select Full Document Size, and if it's still not the same size, then click on Match Screen button, and then OK!

Hope this helps you
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

I also need to know how to make the SWF file stop playing after 15 seconds, instead of looping. Thanks

Make a new layer, and on that Frame, click on it, open Actions panel, and use this code:

Actionscript Code:
    function stop_sec(){
        _root.stop();
    }

setInterval(stop_sec, 15000);
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Hmmm... thanks ... but I am way loss. I need to go to YouTube and watch some videos then buy a book or something. I know Adobe Photoshop pretty well, but I can not make any sence out of Flash! Thanks again.