A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: One long horizontal movieclip as a site

Lightbulb One long horizontal movieclip as a site

Has anyone seen this Yell site?
    http://marketing.yell.com/web-design/
    Seems to me like a simple, long movieclip on a relatively intuitive but still pretty simple timeline.

I've worked a little in flash before, made this site (oneandabit.co.uk, runs slow, bit blocky etc) but I'm looking to revamp it into something like the yellsite...
    Can anyone give me a clue as to what goes into this? Is it as simple as it seems? It needs to be seamless...
    Does anyone know of any nice (simple-esque) tutorials for me to download source files from, so I can figure it out?

As usual I've tried kirupa etc but everything I've found is UBER heavy on ridiculous coding which puts me in a bit of a squeeze where it comes to customisation.

HELP! It would be much appreciated.

Dan, get.rhythm

Hello, Dan

That website is not made in Flash. Probably Javascript and/or HTML5, which means that ALOT of effort is put into making it, because making that in Flash would be alot more simpler!

One way to do it would be to have a HUGE, WIDE, LONG movieclip, and change its X coordinate, according to which tab it is on
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Thankyou,

I had a feeling it may not have been a flashsite - my question really is heading toward asking about the navigation system - how is easiest to set this up inside a flash timeline? Is there a basic way to keep a nav smooth without using intense coding? IE using simple variables? I want to able to have around 4 stages to the BIG LONG MASSIVE movieclip and a nice eased smooth transition between them (I.E not just 1-4 and back, but say from 3-1, 2-4 etc) without creating seperate timelines for each section.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks again

Dan, getrhythm