A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Check in time

Quote Originally Posted by alty29 View Post
    I check it out occasionally, breaks my heart that it's mostly dead.
    ^^Me too. Exactly that.....

Well it's nice to see some familiar faces even if they only occassionally post.

It's been months since i've posted here. Kinda disappointed, but there's not much to taok about here any more.

I love this place though.

Maybe if they counted coffee lounge posts for my post count, i'd be here all the time...haha! Man that discussion never gets old.

Holla

I only swung by because I heard the news that Flash may be getting discontinued indefinitely. Maybe it's finally time to put this dying website to rest? OR.. completely redo it to suit today's needs (Adobe AIR, HTML5 etc?)

Either way, it's dead because it's too oldschool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampztko View Post
    good to see you got nothin better to do all year LOL
    Well ya know. lol You made me come back again bah!
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

How are you all? Haven't been here for a long time. Remember a few years ago, I dropped by the Coffee Lounge at least once a day. A bit strange - the Internet expands all the time, but the amount of pages I visit mainly boils down to Gmail, Facebook, Reddit and now and then The Onion and Zero Punctuation.

Hehe, I notice that Carly and I still have avatars with that hat on them... Does anybody remember what that was about?

Yes, no. Kinda. I didn't participate and everyone else had great fun.

What about that time EVP wrote that script to rearrange all the avatars? Aww good times.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Grandfather to the stars bigginge's Avatar
    A few years back, when I started working from home, because I was too old to get a proper job, I'd get up, put the coffee machine on, have breakfast, check my mail, make a coffee and check on here. Loved it - Hurricaneone's sarcasm, thumbkid (though I thought things got a bit harsh) and lots more. I'm afraid I do the same now but with Facebook; got friends and family all around the world that I keep up with, and view photos. But when I'm at a loose end I think 'What's happening at the yellow?'. Just a shame that not much is. But it was great fun.
    To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Love Light Romania Romania Blog

Let's photoshop battle!!! Arena!!!!
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by bigginge View Post
    A few years back, when I started working from home, because I was too old to get a proper job, I'd get up, put the coffee machine on, have breakfast, check my mail, make a coffee and check on here. Loved it - Hurricaneone's sarcasm, thumbkid (though I thought things got a bit harsh) and lots more. I'm afraid I do the same now but with Facebook; got friends and family all around the world that I keep up with, and view photos. But when I'm at a loose end I think 'What's happening at the yellow?'. Just a shame that not much is. But it was great fun.
    I'm surprised you aren't on the music radar forums.
    http://www.musicradar.com/forum/index.php
    It's a very UK centric place and the people are generally nice. (cept for me)
    I'm usually at KVR
    http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/
    Which is pretty rough around the edges.

I can't get into FB and I can't get into twitter.

Everyone knows I love hating politics.

Well, as I said I use Facebook to keep in touch with friends and family, but musically I stay around my hometown - not having transport other than a bike and a bus pass limits me a bit. But we put on another concert Friday night with some great bands, 2 of whom we knew but another, Jacksboro Highway, that I'd found on a local bands' website. Turned out the lead guitarist was an old friend I hadn't met for 40 years, and he and the rhythm guitar and bass played 40 minutes of the best blues/boogie I'd heard for some time - John Lee Hooker, early Yardbirds, great music. It was great to catch up with an old friend, and to hear an AC/DC band from the local school, very entertaining and with a lot of chutzpah - the lead guitarist came in from outside (had a wireless pickup) at the start.
    I've also been playing at some local open mic nights with my friend Bob (as the song says, we've been together now for 40 years) and am astounded by the young talent out there, such as the half hour spot by a young woman, Jen Dobson, 16 the next day, who wrote and sang songs, mainly about being gay, but also political songs. At such a young age it was impressive.
    But I digress.

This used to be my #1 down time destination as well...now it's a video game forum or facebook.

Whatever happened to good old thumbkid? I bet he's got a Facebook account I could stalk but I cant remember his name. Good times though.

bigginge
    Well it reads like a good life with plenty of joy to go around. Your scene was much as mine was 30,20 and even 10 years ago but it's not like that now. Even top 40 acts are disappearing.

I know what the good foot life is all about as I too am without a car however there is no bus service out here. Unfortunately my good foot is suffering as well.

Holy hell, I'd like to buy a round for this whole dive bar....

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Nice of you to pop in.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    peekaboo

DO I COUNT???
    *Socially awkward penguin*

Just got in from playing, singing and drinking wine and according to the numbers at the bottom of the page thing it's just me. I could just SHHHHOOOOOOUUUUUUUTTTTTTT!!!!!! And no one would hear.

I turn around and look at you, you're nowhere to be found
    I search the place for your lost face, I guess I'll have another round
    and I think that I just fell in love with you
    X