A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML 5 transition guide...

HTML 5 transition guide...

Hi

I were not successful in my search for more information about the ability of KM to generate HTML5 as well.

Would it be possible to elaborate a little?

What can be converted?

I do not expect hard-core action scripts to translate well, but would plain KM animations using only figures, pics and buttons with some stock transitions translate automatically in HTML5?

Would it be possible to get more information, even somewhat like a Transition Guide? did i just miss it?

Thank you in advance.

RIN67630

Super Moderator
    This is in the help - content tag - Add Hmtl5 Animation to Web Page

Only a subset of KoolMoves functionality is available for Html5 export. The user interface restricts functionality to what is available but there may be other functionality appearing in the interface which is ignored on export. At this time, gradient fills and non-symbol vector shapes are ignored. If a .fun file is opened in the Html5 gui that was created with the Flash gui, most likely some fraction of the movie will not be exported as Html5. Flash at this time and maybe forever provides considerably more capability than Html5.

----------

Some of the canned actions translate; no user created action script translates.

Fade, Size, Spin, Rotate translate.

I am not sure what you mean by transitions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    This is in the help - content tag - Add Hmtl5 Animation to Web Page

If a .fun file is opened in the Html5 gui that was created with the Flash gui, most likely some fraction of the movie will not be exported as Html5.
    Thank you for that fast answer. Did I understand correctly that the stuff I have done over the years (almost without own created AS) will translate as well as possible to HTML5 just upon loading the .fun and exporting to HTML5.
    Wow!

Will the parts of the movie created with KM6.0, which cannot translate to HTML5, be recognizable on the HTML5 GUI before exporting, or will it just be a try and error iteration?

Have you provided some translation for media players (since i have been using them intensively)

Thank you for your advice.

I don't know what restrictions the demo version of KM has otherwise you could try the demo.
    Components (like the media player) aren't translated. A media player probably would be very useful but one of the problems is that there's no single video format yet that is supported by all browsers as far as I know.
    What you can export are simple animations with both vector shapes and imported images. You can scale, rotate, morph shapes etc., there are a number of motion script effects but they are not the same as the actionscript based ones. You can create simple buttons, there are some actions you can use like for example to go to a frame or open a website.
    What it is very useful for is to create advertisements or simple animations that can be played on mobile devices like iPhone / iPod / iPad that don't support Flash.

I did not try the demo since last time it screwed my previous KM production environment.
    But since i now have a brand new Windows8 Machine, I could give it a try.

For the time being having a video format that plays on every browser is not really the problem. I need an embedding code that delivers Flash and falls back to HTML5 with reduced functionality.

The net is full of the opposite: use HTML5 and "fall back" to Flash?
    How can one "fall back" to something much more powerful?

:-(

RIN67630

Super Moderator
    What cannot be exported as Html5 is ignored. Currently, it isn't flagged.