A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 10 years come back wow..

10 years come back wow..

So I guess i should say Hi if anyone actually remembers ..he he he..
    its been about what 10 years since I bid adieu to flash game making ?
    Man that makes me feel old.
    Guess what, I have found my very first site since 2001 with one of the very first flash games and amazingly my 6yo daughter plays those and loves them..

http://www.freewebz.com/savco/site.htm

And its good to pop in every so often but you guys are so far advanced now..remember Flash 4.0 ? who was that guys who made the look up table for sqr roots ?

ms

formerly hooligan2001 :) .hooligan's Avatar
    Hey Mad-Sci, wow very long time. We haven't forgotten you. You were mentioned in this thread here recently. http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...=821408&page=7

Good to hear you're still around. What's been happening for the last 10 years? Still programming?
    World Arcade | Facebook | Twitter - Follow MEEEE! or not......

yeah, hey there Mad Sci, literally ages no see, really glad to see you the oldies around once in a while =)

Haha, that is so awesome, i remember that site, liked it so much back in the day =)
    Shows my age a bit, too i guess =)

Yeah, i also remember very well the flash 3,4 and 5 days, there were really big changes between 3,4,5 and 6 with the language and capabilities, then it went all a bit strange in some versions later on..

And yes, when i remind myself of flash 4´s capabilities, well, now a portion of that is hyped as the next big thing when one can do it in html 5..
    Nah nah, just being snarky =)

Anyway, what are you up to these days?

Good to see ya guys..still cooking games ? believe it my daughter, now 6 ,is the king of the Crazy Birds..wants to know how to do Pac-Man. Me thinks I must introduce Lode Runner. I still cant find the script for that flash game. I remember I finished it just before I left..dang. I even vividly remember dont the platform tile generator..so what are the latest Game hits ?

Up to ? first things first: have a daughter now, and a son its on his way ? Doing mostly Microsoft VB and one thing called NeoBook (for presentations).. busy all day teaching residents and medical students..its all good. you ?
    Last edited by Mad-Sci; 09-28-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Nice man, yeah, sounds like you´ve got a full schedule but filled with nice things, so that´s cool =)
    I don´t have own kids yet but i got a small nephew whom i often hang out with, fascinating to see how they grow, learn, see everything as new etc =)
    Haha, nice shes interested in games that much, i imagine if you start teaching her that age she could get hooked and become a programmer, game designer or similar later, who knows =)

Regarding which games are big right now its hard to pick a single one since on every platform and distribution way there are very different kinds of games popular.
    Like most recently i played through Deus Ex Human Revolution which is a very different type of game than let´s say farmville on Facebook and well, both have their own audiences etc =)
    I'm working on a game or app or animation etc for a client usually and between client projects on own games and apps. Working on this right now: http://www.monstertruckherohd.com/