A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to set up FB4.5 for PHP without using Zend Server?

How to set up FB4.5 for PHP without using Zend Server?

I've watched a really helpful tutorial on FB4.5 for PHP by Mihai Corlan and am hoping to use some of his techniques but would like to use a different PHP server because Zend Server costs money and I'd rather avoid polluting my workstation with still more daemon-type services. I've set up numerous Debian and CentOS servers from scratch and would like to configure FB4.5 for PHP so that I can debug both my Actionscript and PHP. Has anyone done this? I could certainly used advice from someone who's gone through all the trouble already. I'd very much like to capitalize on all of the ways that FB4.5 automatically generates code and creates links for you rather than writing all that stuff by hand.
    Write multiplayer games with FlashMOG 0.3.1
    Try the MyPlan Salary Calculator

This is starting to look like kind of a pain for a few reasons. 1) FB4.5 doesn't come with Xdebug so I'll have to install Zend Debugger. Unfortunately, the Zend page that lets you download this component for your Apache/PHP server sniffs out your browser OS so you can't download the linux version from a windows machine without some trickery. That means you have to use ubuntu or some other linux distro with a gui to download the Zend Web Debugger or you'll only get the version for whatever OS you are running form your desktop. You'll also have to login to the Zend site to download it.

Additionally, it's not at all clear what other steps you'll need to take when creating a new "Flex Mobile with PHP" project in FB4.5.

hmmm.
    Write multiplayer games with FlashMOG 0.3.1
    Try the MyPlan Salary Calculator