A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: help

help

Hello. I created a flash site with four pages with music playing in the backround. on one page I want the music to stop and continue once you leave that page. can someone help me with a code?

Will moderate for beer
    Please choose descriptive subject lines. "Help" does not tell anyone what you need help with.

Why did you put "Hello" in Comic Sans? What's the point of having the music stop and continue? Isn't that just the same thing as continue, except maybe with a little hiccup?

"a code" doesn't make sense. It's not like if you put in up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,a,b all your problems will go away. You are not looking for "a code", you are looking for a solution which will be written in as3 code.

To stop your music, call stop() on the SoundChannel object you got as a result of calling play on your Sound. To resume it, call play again, and pass it the position which you want to start at. To trigger these events, you probably want to use whatever navigation elements you're already using to go between "pages".

As you can see I'm not good with the forum thing, first time actually. The reason for me stopping the music on a certain page is because I want to have a mp3 player play music on that particular page and not collide with the backround music. Do I set as3 on the main scene to tell the backround music not to play on that particular page or do I need to set it on that particular page? and it's B,A,B,A