A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D Intro Animation Software

3D Intro Animation Software

A friend of mine has a small company for video production and asked me if I could design and develop an intro he can use for all his videos. He especially fell in love with 3d intro animations known from video games and some movie production companies.I still need to figure out which is the best software to use. after some research 4 came into the spotlight: adobe after effects, 3ds max and cinema 4d and maya. Can someone advice which would be the best to create a simple but animated intro?! A good site with tutorials would be as well appreciated.

Good 3D animators are the most highly sought-after artist in the world of 3D. There's a reason for this: good animation is hard. Which is not to say that animation is hard to learn, but rather that making animation that is believable and entertaining requires a lot of skill and practice. Most people who become 3D artists rarely venture beyond modeling, and their forays into animation are inexpert at best, and cringe-worthy or unwatchable at worst.

This is because animation requires a completely different skillset than 3D modeling. In fact, these two aspects of 3D art are so different that 3D modelers are rarely animators, and animators can rarely model. Established studios usually hire dedicated animators to do the bulk of the animation. Modelers, if they have any input into the animation process at all, usually stick with rigging.

What you should take away is not that it's impossible to be a good modeler and animator, but that these two subsets of 3D art require different ways of thinking and usually do not share techniques.

flash website development company