A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Shooting Runway

I'm still learning...

Talking Shooting Runway

I had the privilege to work with 2 photographers to shoot for a fashion event that goes on for 5 days, 3 shows a day. Islamic Fashion Festival 2011 Kuala Lumpur. This is my first time shooting runway.

I'm not the main photographer, because I'm still new and don't have much experience. So, the main photographer is stationed at the photographer's stand in front, and I get to walk around, shoot from different position and angles.

Click here to view the rest of the photos on my Flickr.

These are nice - you've got good focus on the eyes on most of these.

Maybe next time try shooting at a wider aperture for some of your shots - really draw the subject out.

Also - for shots like these, look at what you could crop out or clone out - the photo of the back of the girl in green walking down the runway - that would have loads more impact if you cropped in a bit and also cloned out everything other than the lights, her and the runway.

Nice shots though - nice to get all that lighting set up for you!

I'm still learning...
    Yea! Thank God for the lighting with spotlight and all. But it's uneven. Sometimes when the model walks down the runway, the light hits her face, but then her body is dark, or sometimes her face is bright, but her body is dark. Had to burst a few shots and the light gets more even and balanced when she's more to the front of the runway.

I have lots of blurred shots, out of focus, over/under exposed, etc. I don't know if it's Nikon's focusing system is slow, or it's the Tamron len's problem, so I make the apreture small, so that most of the stuffs that I'm trying to shoot gets in focus.