Hi everybody. I’m looking for an artist for my upcoming game Blasting Forever. For a quick outline of the game, here’s an excerpt from the design document.

The protaganist is an inhabitant of a planet, which has come under attack by an overwhelming force. He decides to face these impossible odds and make a stand for as long as he can.

In the game this translates into a never ending stream of enemy space ships, which the player must withstand for as long as he/she can. Over time increasingly harder enemies appear, symbolizing the advance of the bigger capital ships following the scouts. Each ship the player takes out is worth points. Naturally the harder enemies are worth more points. The player can also decide to venture away from the home planet to meet with the capital ships. This gives the player some control over the level of difficulty.

A player can design its own ship. Every design the player decides to save is uploaded to a database. This database is used to provide enemies for other players. Basicly a player is fighting the designs of other players controlled by the AI. Interaction between players can take place by players challenging each other to best their design or by posting their designs to social media.

I primarily looking for someone who could make the ingame sprites, if you can animate, do some GUI design, background/concept art that’s a bonus. The game is 2D, but I’d prefer someone who has some experience with 3D graphics to create the look I’m looking for. The current build will give an impression of the art direction.

The Project (Blasting Forever)
Designdoc
Current build

Examples of earlier work
Can be found in my somewhat small game portfolio

Monetization and branding
Primary Sponsorship
Micro-transactions
Ads

I'm willing to split 50/50. If a musician comes on board I suggest 40/30/30. I use a logo as a splash intro, I don't mind adding those of other team members.