Hi folks,

This would seem on the surface to be a really simple effect to achieve, but as a noob to AS, it's got me totally baffled!

All I want is to create multiple animated textboxes to slide horizontally from one side of the screen to the other and repeat indefinitely in a loop.

Now the 'trick' is that I need the textbox contents to be selected at random from an array and for the speed, size and opacity to vary as well (to give a sense of depth, like the 'Parallax' effect).

So, the final effect is multiple random strings of text sliding horizontally across the screen at the same time, some appearing closer than others.

I'm positive I've seen this effect explained online before, but for the life of me I can't summon the right keywords to bring up a relevant article in my searches (keep getting lots of text scroller tutorials).

If anyone knows of any tutorials out there to accomplish something like the above, I would be very grateful if you could put me out of my misery and throw me a link to check out.

Cheers,

Luke