I am currently building a platform game engine in flash and i am experiencing a bitmap redraw issue. Basically i am blitting a graphic from a tilesheet to a sprite class and then adding the sprite class to the stage (so the sprite is actually a container for my bitmapdata object).

The problem im having is when i run my game i dont see my character on the screen but i can control my character sprite and move him around the stage. After playing around for a bit i was able to jump my character all the way to the top most platform (the very top left of the stage) and that's when my character started appearing on the screen.

It seems my sprite is only being drawn to the screen within certain coordinates on the stage and i have no idea why.

My game file can be seen here: http://www.leosworkshop.com/uploads/Platform.html

If anyone can shed some light on why this happening i would be very grateful. Ive been screwin around with this now a few days trying to figure out what the hell is wrong and if i didn't have a bald head i would most likely have pulled out all my hair by now.