Hi all, I have a project which has a main swf file that is compiled with a bunch of classes. The main swf also loads in other child swf objects, created in the flash IDE, that happen to reference some of the same classes.

It seems redundant to have the child swfs include the main swfs classes, especially if I update the classes which means I have to recompile all the child swfs, not just the main swf.

Im using FlashDevelop 4.0 RC3 with Flex 4.6/AIR 3.1 to code the main swf, and the child swfs are flas made in CS5.

I was thinking of using SWC's, but I'm not sure how to incorporate that into FlashDevelops workflow. I tried the SWC export plugin but that doesnt seem to work very well, it attempts to export everything in the project and doesnt seem to offer me an option to be specific...

Surely there is a way to compile flas from the IDE and allow for classes to be used for compile type checking etc, but not actually include them in the compiled swf? I know with the flex command line compiler you can generate a link-report xml from the main swf then use that xml file to exlude classes from the compile of the child swfs, but I cant see how to do something like that when exporting swfs from the flash IDE.

Any suggestions would be awesome.