A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Questions Regarding CS5.5/iPad/Apple Requirements

Questions Regarding CS5.5/iPad/Apple Requirements

I've viewed this Adobe video: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-flas...o-ios-devices/

... and I've read other threads, but can anyone just verify these questions?

To use CS5.5 and output for the iPad:

1) Must one know AS3.0, or can one get by with AS2.0?

2) After rendering (outputting) the Flash-based work for the iPad platform, I see it can be tested by dragging it into iTunes and then syncing it on the iPad. Must iTunes be running on a Mac to perform this, or can all of this be done in iTunes running in Windows?

3) To obtain the Apple Certificate at Apple's website, must this step be done on Mac equipment, or can that be done on Windows?

4) If any of these steps must be done on a Mac, is it technically possible to use someone else's Mac temporarily, instead of buying your own system? Or, does Apple somehow "tie" you into that particular Mac system that you did these steps on?

Bottom line: I'm trying to determine if I can get by with Windows equipment, only, to get an iPad developed and published. I've never owned a Mac, and I don't know the first thing about them. Thanks for any help.

1) Must one know AS3.0, or can one get by with AS2.0?
    >>>>AS3 is required for Air apps.

2) After rendering (outputting) the Flash-based work for the iPad platform, I see it can be tested by dragging it into iTunes and then syncing it on the iPad. Must iTunes be running on a Mac to perform this, or can all of this be done in iTunes running in Windows?

>>>> Can be done on Windows

3) To obtain the Apple Certificate at Apple's website, must this step be done on Mac equipment, or can that be done on Windows?

>>>> Can be done on Windows. It's web-based so it doesn't matter.

4) If any of these steps must be done on a Mac, is it technically possible to use someone else's Mac temporarily, instead of buying your own system? Or, does Apple somehow "tie" you into that particular Mac system that you did these steps on?

>>>> Once you are on apple developer and have recieved your certificates, you can register different devices (iTouch, iPad etc.). Bottom line is you can develop on windows equipment.

Bottom line: I'm trying to determine if I can get by with Windows equipment, only, to get an iPad developed and published. I've never owned a Mac, and I don't know the first thing about them. Thanks for any help.