A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: videos keep disappearing in "preview" mode

videos keep disappearing in "preview" mode

I am having the problem that when I preview my movie, often times the .avi files that I have in my movie are not visible.

Actually, now that I have reviewed my workspace, it seems that the .avi files do not even show up when I make them (and them only) visible in my workspace.

I have used avi files in both the main folder that I keep my 3DFlashAnimator file in, in addition to embedding the .avi files within a subfolder.

So, any thoughts?

...what version of 3DFA are you using? I'll look into it and see if I can track down the problem. It might be a bug that was never squashed though, so don't be surprised if there isn't a solution. However, if there is a solution, I should be able to find it.

-J

I was using the latest: Version 4.9.8.7

I just dropped two small avi's into a file and exported it, and it plays just fine. Are your avi's compressed, and if so, do you have the correct codecs? How large are the avi's? If possible zip everything together and upload it here as an attachment. I can't trouble shoot it, if I can't duplicate it.
    -J