A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Load latest .swf and not browser cached version :-(

Load latest .swf and not browser cached version :-(

I have tried various codes (probably wrongly) and read different posts and failed to achieve what I am after. So to cut going round in circles I have just made a simple test folder. There are 3 things I am trying to achieve so that latest files are loaded instead of browser cached versions.

Everything is linked properly in the TEST folder (apart from the code to get latest non cached version) so could someone PLEASE PLEASE add the code to it so I can see what I am doing wrong?

You can download the TEST.zip folder (73KB) here- http://www.mediafire.com/?e0gegmdvh4xzcvg It's completely safe to download and please ignore the annoying pop up ads. I signed up for free service hence the ads.

The three things I want to achieve-

In the TEST.zip folder start with index.html.

1- There you will see >Enter Button< and >portfolio.pdf< button. Nothing will change on index.html page but the portfolio pdf will be regularly updated. So I want the >portfolio.pdf< to fetch the latest pdf always. I assume the code will go on the >portfolir.pdf< button?

2- >Enter Button< will take us to master.html page which contains master.swf. Master.html is only a container but master.swf will be regularly updated and needs to always load the latest master.swf version.

3- Load image.swf button will load image.swf. I want the button to load the latest image.swf file always.

So if someone could take couple of minutes and add the code the correct way to achieve the 3 things I am trying to do then I would be ETERNALLY grateful!

If you don't have an upload method to pass me the edited files then feel free to mail them to- tinawinter31@yahoo.com I hope someone replies. Thanks for helping me with your valuable time!

Actionscript Code:
    "image.swf?"+new Date().getTime()
    This will prevent it from loading from cache. It will always think that the thing that you're loading is new because it'll have a different url based upon time.