A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PHP suddenly not working

Question PHP suddenly not working

Hi,

I've been using Apache & PHP for a few months now.

To my surprise, when I restarted the computer today it's not working anymore.

Before restarting, I ran CCleaner, could that be the reason?

At a first glance, the httpd.conf and hosts files have not been modified in any way; maybe it has nothing to do with running CCleaner.

When I go to 127.0.0.1 or localhost it shows a strange page. In other cases it wants to download or open a file like "Ev1cv4N5.part" (where in the world does such a file come from?) and in other cases the page remains blank.

So localhost itself and some subdomains are not working at all, however a few of the subdomains and also phpMyAdmin, which is installed in a directory in localhost, are still working properly!! How can that be?

I was working on a project in a directory in localhost, everything was fine, now I can't run my php pages, they remain blank.

So where should I check to know what the problem is?

If any ideas, please let me know.
    Thanx

Is the service running? If you're using vista/7 than you can type in services in the start menu to open it up to try and find the proper service although it can be difficult if you don't know what you're looking for.

I checked, Apache server is running.
    I think it was a conflict with BitTorrent. I don't know why but it somehow happened...