A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I’m looking for a small group of keen everyday FLEX Dev....

I’m looking for a small group of keen everyday FLEX Dev....

I have in August last year opened a web Application (Flash/FLEX) for Artists, Designer, Models, Photographers, Stylists and for businesses (General). To date I’m looking after 70 Individual Artists from over 20 countries, and more to be published which I’m working on.

My main Application is build as a main menu set up strait forward and quiet basic REDACTED connecting Visitors to the Individual web Sub-Domain Applications sites of the Artists promoted.
    Everything is hosted in the US, but I’m operating this all myself from New Zealand.

Now, I’m looking for a small group of keen everyday FLEX developers which are interested in Art, photography and web & desktop Application, and would like to be a part of a set up like this to join in as I do expect and of course aim for greater things to happen.
    My intention is to cooperate with a few keen people who are not only knowledgeable with FLEX, but also maybe good with PhotoShop or have good Social Media skills, good with fonts and making up Ad’s and so on! I’m totally open to what anybody would have to offer.

Everything I do is for free for these Artists and I do not intent to change that at all, but I would like to open up my main menu software (as well the Artists Apps.) which are at present only used by maybe 10% and I would like to streamline and improve the software as well as attract advertising etc.

There are other items of interest in this project which are bound to create revenue for all developers involved once the set up is more established.

What I can offer at this stage to anybody interested is a promotional ‘Online Presence’ Application (Sub-Domain web site and desktop) and advertisement within the main menu App. as developer or maybe as what ever you see yourself as an Artists! Maybe not much at all, but an outlet and a promotional tool to be better known or get known with your own personal work.

There is of course so much more to this project but just to much to mention here, and there are also other Applications already available for this project e.g. web and desktop which can be further developed and published.

All in all a mayor project set up promising to be noted in due course!!!

My contact details are REDACTED as parent E-mail address for the moment

regards aktell
    Last edited by 5TonsOfFlax; 04-07-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Will moderate for beer
    This is skirting the line between "look at my cool project" and "I want to pay someone to work on stuff". If you are soliciting developers to contribute in exchange for compensation, whatever the form of compensation, this would fit better in the freelance forum.
    If, on the other hand, this is more like an open-source project and you were offering code or asking for help, this is a good place for it.

Which is it? Putting it in the right place will help you reach the right people.

New Flex Art related Application ....

New Flex Art related Application ONLINE NOW - 'Return To Innocence' web Application Online Gallery & Virtual Gallery Exhibition Space Set 1 REDACTED !!!
    Last edited by 5TonsOfFlax; 04-07-2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: No reason to hide the URL behind a link-shortener... or is there?

Will moderate for beer
    Listen. I'm actively trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but that site has looks shady to me. The promotional copy is borderline-illiterate. Some errors include: "there" used instead of "their", nonsensical agrammatical sentence fragments like: "In any once quest to Excel", random capitalization of stuff like Excel (not the program), Artists, Online Presence, and pluralizing with apostrophes.
    If this is a legitimate attempt to create a respectable showcase, then you would be well-served to get a proofreader or copy writer.
    It smells very fishy to me. very. But I don't see anything outright scammy, just stupid.
    If anyone else finds that this guy or the site he linked ever asks for money, PM me and I will have this closed and him banned.

whoa that website made my java console go crazy....

Will moderate for beer
    Close enough for me. Thread's closed.