A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Simple php calendar?

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar

Simple php calendar?

I've got a client who has a vacation rental property website and he just wants an easy way that he can log in, click on a date on a calendar to mark it "booked" and let users view a read-only version on his site.

He pointed me to a calendar that he really liked and I was wondering if anyone knew of an existing calendar like this.

I'm not a big php programmer, but can set up basic stuff, build the db, etc. so I'm also looking for something that's easy to implement.

Any ideas would be MUCH appreciated. Here's a screenshot of the one he liked:

Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Hi,

probably just write out that big html file with every date linked to sth like
    cal.php?action=chg&day=17&month=3&year=2012
    You would probably want to setup a database that combines a date with some id - it is quite likely that your client wants to store information about the visitors in the database as well, and that id column would link to the visitors table. If a day is not booked, there simply would be no entry for that date
    BTW: it seems that the initial state of every one day should be available, rather than unknown.

Musicman

Mite be a starting point?.....

Take a look at this one dude... I like to use it... Its a downloadable zip... Customize a little and upload to site!.. : )...

http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php

Its half your task done... will need to setup basic sql relationship for admin control... I dont think it has a view only option... but a quick email to the creators and you would!....

Luck!... B
    Defy the boundaries!.. NEVER surrender to the code!!!.....