A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: import swf into movie

import swf into movie

I have an image gallery movie that uses some php to get the images. I've imported that swf file (which was made from Flash, not koolmoves) into my Koolmoves movie.

Now, when I embed the fla.swf into a html page(flashGallery.html) the gallery displays perfectly.

But when I import the fla.swf into my koolmoves movie and save my movie (myflashgal.swf) & html (myflashgal.html) the (fla.swf) gallery doesn't show up. I uploaded all of the files. Does anybody know how to achieve this task?

Super Moderator
    Are both swf files exported at the same flash version?
    I assume you uploaded the imported swf file (which you imported as an object) into the same folder as the html file and main swf file?

Yes.. both swf files are in the same folder. As for the version of flash, I'm unsure of. Maybe that's the issue. I'm able to embed the swf into a html page and see the gallery just fine. But importing it into the main swf and embedding the main swf into the html page, I don't see it. I'm going to check the version of flash.

Super Moderator
    Ideally both swfs should export at the same Flash version. Whether a difference in the export versions will make a difference depends on whether there is action script in the swfs which can be disguised as motion scripts or components.