A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can I import an image sequence all at once?

Can I import an image sequence all at once?

I'm using the latest Koolmoves (8.3.0) and my question is...can I import an image sequence? I have about 800 images total, importing each image will be, well, annoying. But I haven't figured out any way to import an image sequence.

Super Moderator
    Unless you are creating a slide show, there is no way to import more than one image at a time.

Garrrrr!!!!

I actually started to test out the slideshow function...I was hoping to set it to 30 frames per second, but that wasn't an option.

Will this ever be an option? Am I the only person who's trying to do this?

You load 800 images and your flash file will be insanely huge. Better to load them as you need them

I know...however, the client doesn't like the "loading as you go" method, because they use slow computers, and want to make sure that "their" clients don't have to wait for them to load either.

So far, I have not found a solution for pre-loading external .swfs in the action script, even pre-loading as bytearrays takes too long for them. From what it looks like, scripting the preloader to load the external .swfs as byte-arrays loads the animations as slowly as they play in real time (I timed the preloader, and waiting for it all to load took about as long as the number of seconds of the .swfs I was preloading).

I'm hoping it will be quicker to preload a huge .swf rather than scripting in a preloader to load in all the external .swfs as bytearrays.

Once again, I should have done this in Unity 3d...but when I started this, it was a much smaller project, and it grew as people got excited about it.

Does what I say make sense? Once again, I'm new to flash (well, I've been workign on this one project for the last six months or so, trying to figure all this out). You've helped me get this far, blanius, so thanks.

Super Moderator
    "...I was hoping to set it to 30 frames per second, but that wasn't an option.
    "

Movie > Movie Speed

is this web based? if not load as you go is the only way to go.
    There is a great component called loadermax that makes this easier and it's going to be faster than trying to import that many

http://www.greensock.com/loadermax/

I'd at least give this a try you can que up the load and keep track of the progress.

If you want 800 images played at 30fps, it would be better to use a video file instead.