A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash - embed .swf in another .swf

Question Flash - embed .swf in another .swf

Using Flash 8.

I am creating a new file new.fla. And trying to embed highqual.swf in it using

Code:
    myclip.loadMovie("highqual.swf");
    This works but when I publish new.fla and get new.swf the new.swf does not contain highqual.swf.

So - how to get highqual.swf to stay inside new.swf.

Any ideas? Thank you.

You cannot embed a SWF into your FLA file (if you try to import it, only the graphics will be imported and the Frames will be distributed to your current FLA file), and all loadMovie does in this case, is that it loads your SWF file (like downloads it into your Flash file), but does NOT embed it. Try loadMovie on a much larger SWF file, and see that it takes time before the SWF file appears. This is because Flash is downloading that SWF file into your flash file, and it's taking time for it to fully download/load, but it does not embed it!

You must have highqual.swf in the same folder as your flahs movie's SWF file at all times (if not, then have it in another place by which you can refer to it with its path), even when for example uploading to your server, you would need to upload highqual.swf as well as your main SWF file to make Flash be able to load it.
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS